How the distinction is attributed Palace?
"Distinction Palace" is assigned by the Minister for Tourism, at the end of two phases:
- A training phase conducted by Atout-France based on objective eligibility criteria, ranking criteria derived from the 5 star category which become binding: there is a fitness area, spa, multilingual staff, concierge service,...
- An analysis phase by a jury which based its opinion on a set of criteria: location, aesthetics, history of places, personality of the institution, team involvement in the pursuit of excellence, gourmet restaurant, policy of respect for the environment...
The Jury consists of:
- Dominique FERNANDEZ, a member of the “Académie Française”;
- Adelaide de CLERMONT TONNERE, French journalist and novelist;
- Aliza JABES, President NUXE Laboratories;
- Hubert JOLY, president and CEO of Carlson;
- Serge NICOLE, President of Ateliers d'Art de France;
- Joseph OLIVEREAU, Honorary President of Relais & Chateaux;
- Carole ROUSSEAU, television presenter and producer;
- Yves ROUSSET-ROUARD, film producer;
- Gonzague SAINT-BRIS, writer, historian and journalist;
- Jean-Michel WILMOTTE, architect and designer.